Understanding the Bible
In Romans 12:1-2, Paul writes these powerful words, “1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” If we are to offer our bodies as a living sacrifice, then we must continually be transformed. And that transformation can only come if our minds are constantly being renewed. This renewing of the mind leading to our transformation occurs as the Holy Spirit helps us to understand and apply the Scripture in our hearts. However, the Holy Spirit does not work apart from our efforts. So, it is imperative that we give ourselves to a life-long study of the Scriptures.
The 9 posts listed in sequential order below are designed to help one study the Scriptures with understanding and thereby be able to apply them in daily living. Thus one can experience the reality of the ongoing transformation of being made more like Christ.
Each blog post has links to the corresponding sermon and the slides used in that sermon. Viewing the slides while listening to the sermon will help get the most from the sermon.
Trust the Lord will use this series to help you become more like Christ!
(Click the title for the corresponding blog post that has links to the associated sermon and slides)
1. Survey of the Old Testament – Part 1 [Creation to Exodus]
2. Survey of the Old Testament – Part 2 [Conquest to Kingdom]
3. Survey of the Old Testament – Part 3 [Kingdom to Silence]
4. Survey of the New Testament – Part 1 [Life of Christ]
5. Survey of the New Testament – Part 2 [Birth-Growth of the Early Church and the New Testament Letters]
6. Survey of the New Testament – Part 3 [End-Time Events]
7. The Bible – 4 Questions Asked & Answered
8. How to Study the Bible – Part 1
9. How to Study the Bible – Part 2